By: Galilea Castillo
If you are reading this, you might be a business owner who wants to increase your web traffic, or someone who wants to understand their website better. Web traffic is important for several reasons. The more visitors that see your site, the more opportunities your business will have to give them an impression, leading to more potential customers.
Here, we will be discussing some of the ways that can help your website increase its web traffic.
Web traffic is the number of web users who go to any given website. Each person who logs on to a website is recorded as a visit with a starting and end point. In addition, web traffic is specific to each page of your website. So whether you have a one page site, or even a 100 page site, each page’s traffic is configured independently.
What is Web Development
It is important to put yourself in your customer’s shoes when it comes to web development. Designing a website that is easy to navigate makes sure that potential customers stay on your website and view all its offerings. If done correctly and maintained regularly, these 6 ways help drive traffic to your website.
Using Social Media
- Social media has become an essential part of many businesses’ marketing strategies. It not only helps your business connect with customers, but increases the chances of your business being seen and can lead to an increase in sales. By continuously posting good organic content, your business will attract long-term customers.
Utilizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO is one of the most powerful digital marketing strategies that can yield long term results. By achieving a high search engine ranking shows customers that your website is a credible source. Are you creating internal links to content? Are you using meta descriptions? Using SEO can help increase overall organic traffic and give you more opportunities to connect with potential customers.
- This includes paid search, social media and display advertising. Although these are great ways to attract visitors and build your brand, it is important to think about your business’ strategic goals — do you want to increase sales, or do you only want more traffic to your site? Depending on your answer, paid advertising may be right for you.
- With social media content on the rise, many businesses tend to forget about traditional marketing methods. When used correctly, email marketing can result in an increase of web traffic and sales. However, it is important not to spam customers with emails every day about your business. Also, do not forget about word-of-mouth marketing. WOM (word-of-mouth) encourages sharing authentic thoughts about your business and is known to be more trustworthy and valuable.
Looking at Analytics Data
- Going through your analytics data can provide vital information such as what pages of your site are popular, as well as your visitor’s demographics. These data points can help your business come up with future promotional strategies.
- A way to find out about your customer’s data is by utilizing attribution tracking. Attribution tracking can inform you about how your customer got to your brand, what platform did they use, and if their actions can potentially be conversions.
- Through blogging, you can establish your business’s tone and identity. It can be difficult for potential clients to get the tone of your brand through just social media posts and by looking through your website. By sharing your industry knowledge in a blog post, clients will acknowledge that you are an expert in the field, leading to better customer relationships.
Are You Wondering About How to Increase Your Web Traffic?
If you need help with increasing your web traffic through web development, contact Blue Ridge Media Company. We offer all of the mentioned services and will give your business valuable insight about your website and traffic. Call us at (888) 708-2518 or visit our website to learn more!